Learning About Our World
AT MY WHOLE EARTH ACADEMY, PROGRAMS ARE DEVELOPED BASED ON THE BELIEFS THAT:
- Children are designed to learn and will make every effort to discover the answers to the curiosities of their life.
- Learning occurs when interest-led questions are met with logical answers and clear demonstrations.
- Children entering our classrooms are individuals with unique curiosities and family backgrounds.
- Supporting a child is best achieved when their family is included and informed.
- Inspiring a love of learning and providing the skills of critical reasoning are the best gifts we can give our children.
Environmental Awareness Through Intentional Learning Spaces
Students learn within the context of the natural world, thoughtfully considering possible solutions to real world challenges.
Holistic Development with Left & Right Brain Integration
Math, Science and Literacy are taught as stand-alone lessons as well as through Creative Arts, Music and Movement.
Emotional Intelligence and Cultural Inclusivity
- We demonstrate Compassionate Communication in order to uphold the dignity and safety for everybody in our classroom. To create an inclusive learning environment, our classroom and curriculum have dedicated components which help us compare the many aspects of cultures from around the world.
Inclusive of the Whole Family
We support family and caregiver participation by providing family-based programs, and by offering regular feedback about the progress of our students.
Fun and Engaging
While all our programs, activities and events must meet the main tenets of Safety and Fairness, we also seek innovative ways of being fun and engaging for everyone involved. We want you and your child to graduate with many joyous memories – enough to build a solid foundation for a lifelong love of learning.